Monday, November 03, 2008

Hollyhock House and a Year-Long StitchAlong

In a short while Shining Needle Society will start a year-long StitchAlong for Hollyhock House. Anybody who has the pattern, whether from the classes I taught or from the sale on my website is invited to participate. If you would like to take part, contact Kate Gaunt (KateGaunt@aol.com).

The StitchAlong will be led by my chief proofer, Ann Blalock. She stitched the piece when it was new and sent me all the corrections she found. Ann is very funny and the StitchAlong should be a lot of fun.

To go along with the StitchAlong, I plan to tell the story of Hollyhock House, ie why and how I designed the piece, the journey stitching it and a running commentary about it on my website, www.GayAnnRogers.com, and click on Hollyhock House Story on my navigation bar. I plan to tell the story in a series of 'chapters' starting Nov 4.

Gay Ann

No comments: