Thursday, February 07, 2013

An American Doll Story

This isn't on the topic of needlework, but I can't resist writing about a recent favorite article in the New York Times. Maybe my excuse is that the article has a photo of an American Doll sitting in a basket much like my Jane Austen Stitching Society basket.

Here is the article, a story about a librarian and an American Doll. Do read it and be certain to read the note included from the little girl Flora.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/22/doll-of-pioneers-spirit-explores-the-city-one-loan-at-a-time/?src=me&ref=general


A lesson about the success of  tweaking conventional ways of doing things and how the results can be wonderful.

Enjoy,
Gay Ann


1 comment:

viv said...

What a great story. Thanks. I sent the link to a friend who is studying to be a librarian.