Sunday, September 10, 2017

Photoshop and Needlework

In the spring of 2008 I started the transition from computer-illiteracy to learning a bit about the e-world via my trusty little MacBook which I named MacSoph. I began this journey by signing up for the One-to-One program at Apple and I went to classes in my local Apple Store from March 2008 until last year when Apple discontinued the program.

Along the way the Creatives at Apple (what Apple calls their tutors) introduced me to a whole new experience including the world of Adobe's software. I started learning Photoshop about 6 or 7 months after my first computer lesson and by the summer of 2009 I was up and rolling although on wobbly legs.

In August of 2009 I concocted a private jet with a needlepoint shop inside and took my followers on a month-long trip flying to destinations where we sight-saw and stitched. Each day new material for the trip forced me to use my very wobbly Photoshop skills and by the end of the month of travel on Queendom Website, I had grown better at it.

This month on Queendom Website I am reminiscing about the journey: I've been looking for and posting my early Photoshop images on my home page.

If you would like to follow along: www.GayAnnRogers.com.

Tomorrow I am taking 2 days off from reminiscing about my fantasy trip and posting two images from my past. The two images show the before and after versions of a favorite photo of mine. From time to time people have asked me if Photoshop has helped me with needlework. I decided these two images give the answer better than anything I could write.

The images arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile today, if you visit Queendom Website, you will see a number of photos of Photoshopped Carole Lake over the years.

Gay Ann

No comments: