Sunday, November 25, 2007

The First Shining Needle Society Cyber Stitch-in

Yesterday afternoon, between the hours of noon and 6 p.m. we had the First Shining Needle Society Cyber Stitch-in.

What is a Cyber Stitch-in?
I set the time frame of 6 hours yesterday afternoon and anyone who wished to participate set aside half an hour (more time if she could afford it), laid aside the tasks of the day, picked up her needle and stitched.

Then many people reported back how long they had stitched and what they had worked on. Three people even got together, ate lunch and stitched for the afternoon.

I myself attended the Cyber Stitch-in. I worked on a project, in fact I took the first stitch on a little project I have been meaning to stitch for a long time. I saw the time as a gift and I felt refreshed. Time set aside for my favorite thing to do.

I am looking forward to many more Cyber Stitch-ins and I hope that many of you who follow my blog will come join me.

Membership in my classroom is open to anyone who would like to join.
My classroom is a part of Shining Needle Society whose directors are Kate Gaunt and Marie-Therese Baker. Shining Needle Society is up to 600 people now and Kate and Marie Therese are looking forward to offering all sorts of different activities in all sorts of classrooms over the next year. Mine is only one of the classrooms.

For an invitation to join, write to KateGaunt@aol.com.

Gay Ann

No comments: