Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tis the Season

I didn't realize a month had gone by without a post to my blog. I was busy making and mailing kits. I call it Kit Hell and I live there often.

The Christmas season is here and in my needlework world, Christmas means Callaway is not far away. Callaway School of Needle Arts is at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain Georgia for 2 sessions in January. Jody Adams has been the director for as long as I can remember and I have been going each year as a teacher for a long time. I think about 300 avid stitchers attend each year and it is all about stitching! Classes go on each day; in between stitching sessions we eat, and then in the evening lots of us go back to class and joke, drink wine, eat more and stitch. Callaway is friendly and serious all wrapped into one needlework school and those of us who go wouldn't miss it!

This year I am teaching for 8 days. The first 4 days I am teaching Treasured Remembrance Sampler which is on my website and Angie a Sampler Maker and Xena a Sampler Maker. Angie and Xena aren't on my website yet. I have a combination of students this year, many I already know and a few new to me. I am greatly looking forward to Callaway, but then I look forward to it each year.

Meantime, I face the usual Christmas preparations.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Gay Ann

No comments: