Friday, January 06, 2012

A New Year, A New Castle, and Eight New Needlepoint Hearts

I see that it has been almost a month since I posted on my blog; a month almost and now it is the New Year.

This year promises to be a very busy one for me, as MacSoph and I are busy building Queendom Website's new castle.
Yes, in just about 5.5 months, Queendom Website is moving, and moving is always stressful. I am hoping MacSoph and I can hang together and it will be easier than I think.

For now I am working on the blue prints for the new castle.

And I am working on hearts for my annual February hearts sale.

I did 8 new hearts this year and I played an interesting game in my general classroom at Shining Needle Society: I gave a hint about each of the first 5 hearts: I gave the dominant thread and the dominant color and asked people to use their imaginations, concoct an idea for the heart and vote on one.

They did, and I posted the heart on Queendom Website on Christmas morning.
I took it down on Christmas night -- it was meant as a little present, but I didn't intend to leave it there.

My friend Natalie told me she thought I should repost it on Queendom Website, so on New Year's morning I did just that -- and if you want a peak at it, it is still there:

www.GayAnnRogers.com and click on 'Surprise Heart'.

It isn't made into a heart yet -- Sandy is going to do that in the next month, along with its 7 sisters, and then hopefully they will look super and I will photograph them and add them all to Queendom Website.

........

I didn't intend to make 8 hearts; I intended to make only 5, but in the midst of my Christmas Game on Queendom Website, one of class suggested a set of three hearts with pink roses and pearls, the hearts graduated in size. How could I resist! So that's what I did.

.........

One of the hearts turned out to be of particular interest to my classroom: the one where the dominant color is charcoal. A charcoal heart?

Yes, a charcoal heart.

But that heart is still a secret. We have to have some surprises in life, don't you think?

Gay Ann

No comments: